West Michigan CMH provides numerous trainings throughout the year. We welcome all contracted providers in the community to these trainings as we believe the information provided in them will help us improve our work and better serve our community.
To get informed on the specific trainings we offer and how they function, please see the information below.
If you have questions related to provider trainings, please email Training@wmcmhs.org.
Lakeshore Learning Management System
West Michigan CMH uses the Lakeshore Learning Management System (Lakeshore LMS) as its platform for classroom and online training courses. This learning platform uses a self-registration system in which each student registers for both the online and classroom courses they wish to complete.
While we do provide a variety of trainings through the Lakeshore LMS, we also provide face-to-face Mandt trainings for providers in our catchment area.
Mandt System training includes three days of courses. The essential goal of the training is to teach and reinforce to provider and internal CMH staff the importance of positive, healthy relationships with the people we serve. It also introduces a systematic approach on handling escalated situations appropriately and effectively. If a student has a pre-existing condition that would prevent him or her from safely participating in a physical skills demonstration (i.e. assisting techniques or restraining techniques), the supervisor should contact the Mandt trainer. These students will be able to discuss alternative options for completion of the technical/physical skills demonstrations.
We are currently developing a hybrid plan and will have updates for our contract providers soon. Please contact Kara Rose at email@example.com for more information and instructions on how to register.
Rights Training Schedule
Until further notice, please use the following link to register for the virtual New Hire Recipient Rights trainings offered by Network 180.
Classroom Training Expectations
- Students must sign the attendance sheet when arriving to a class.
- Students are encouraged to bring snacks and drinks along with them. They may eat these during the class. Small breaks will also be given throughout the training day.
- West Michigan CMH is a smoke-free campus.
- It is expected that students will not work third shift prior to a morning and/or all-day training.
- Students who are visibly ill and/or unable to pass a COVID screening will be asked to reschedule and attend a different class. If a student becomes visibly ill during class, they may be asked to leave the class to reduce the spread of infection..
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a positive manner. This includes punctuality, attentiveness, and participation.
- Students must demonstrate competency throughout all skill demonstrations and must attain at least 100% on all written tests.
- Cell phones should only be used during break times unless in the event of an emergency.
- Clothing should be appropriate to move freely for physical skill demonstrations. Skirts, dresses, high heels, and/or sandals are not recommended. Dressing in layers is recommended as it allows you to adjust your temperature to your own comfort level.
Class Cancellation Policy
Low Enrollment: If there are less than 4 people registered for a course, the class may be cancelled the day prior to the scheduled class. Supervisors will receive a phone call notification if a classroom course has been cancelled.