WMCMH is open for those in need of care. Community mental health is considered an essential service under Governor Whitmer’s stay-at-home executive order. We have a duty to provide high-quality essential behavioral health care services to our community. We will continue to provide essential services while ensuring the health and safety of our staff and consumers.
Coronavirus Outbreak Response
Call before visiting West Michigan CMH:
Ludington Office: 231-845-6294
Hart Office: 231-873-2108
Baldwin Office: 231-745-4659
24-Hour Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-800-992-2061
West Michigan Community Mental Health is open for those in need of care. We are dedicated to providing essential mental health and substance use services to Mason, Lake and Oceana counties.
However, during the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the delivery of services will change as we work to limit personal contact to help prevent any further spread. We are continually assessing and monitoring COVID-19 and will make changes to our services as appropriate. Please continue to check our webpage for updates or follow our Facebook page.
Current WMCMH Response
West Michigan Community Mental Health is open to provide essential services.
- Face-to-face appointments are not being offered. All therapy sessions, case management assessments, psych evaluations, etc. will be offered via phone or through a WMCMH approved telehealth video application. The only exceptions to this rule are:
- Certain ACT and Home Based services (will be evaluated per scenario on an as-needed basis)
- Crisis situations that cannot be resolved via phone or video conference.
- Urgent walk-in crisis services.
- All WMCMH gathering sites (Dimensions Unlimited, Progressions, and Integrations) are closed.
- All WMCMH autism centers are closed.
- All group classes (DBT, Dimensions Tobacco Cessation, Simple, Next Step, etc.) have been canceled until further notice.
- Client transportation is limited to only those who need injections at WMCMH offices.
- Naloxone trainings are canceled until further notice.
- The WMCMH Governing Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. will be held via phone conference. The meeting is open to the public. To join the meeting, please call 646-558-8856 and use conference code 6787889121#. If you need assistance accessing the April 21 meeting, please contact Kim Goodrich at 231-843-5401.
If you have a scheduled appointment, we ask that you please call ahead to determine if your needs can be met using virtual technology. If you are seeking assistance with new services, please call 1-800-992-2061. Please do not report to a WMCMH building unless it is an urgent crisis situation.
WMCMH will continue to provide care for those with a mental health crisis. If you or someone you know is in crisis, is suicidal, having trouble coping, or feeling emotionally overwhelmed, please contact our 24-hour mental health crisis stabilization hotline at 1-800-992-2061.
If you are feeling physically ill, please contact your primary care physician.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit https://www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus